When and Why You Should Get a Breast Reduction Procedure in Toronto
Dec 1 2020
You’re probably here because you’re debating if you should get a breast reduction surgery to help you with your common neck pains, back pains, and other uncomfortable sensations you get from having larger breasts. Plastic surgeons in Toronto usually suggest this surgery to those who have disproportionate breasts to their body, thus a series of bodily pain and other symptoms.
Usually, women who undergo this surgery have zero regrets – some of the unwanted weight has been safely removed and they feel more comfortable and free from the added weight. There is also a surgery like this for men (male breast reduction) to make their breasts smaller and more masculine for their taste.
Since it’s major surgery, it comes with risks and needs more than physical preparedness. You have to be absolutely sure to undergo the breast reduction procedure. You should know the risks you might have, the amazing benefits, and the expectations afterwards.
What is a Breast Reduction Procedure?
Breast Reduction Surgery, or also called reduction mammaplasty, is used to safely extract excess fat, skin, and tissue from the breasts. This is to get rid of the known discomforts of having large breasts and sculpt it according to your body’s proportions to ease your back pain.
Sometimes, having larger breasts can be a source of insecurity for women, and oftentimes, the anxiety of attracting the wrong attention. By undergoing this procedure, you will be able to achieve full confidence in yourself and improve your ability to join in physical activities without the familiar pain.
If you considered this surgery for a long while, always take precautions and consult a professional plastic surgeon in Toronto or in your area for a thorough understanding that’s based on your current condition.
Likely Risks of Breast Reduction Procedure
While not always guaranteed, there are known possible risks of breast reduction surgery. It’s important that you only get the best breast reduction procedure in Toronto or in your area to ensure safety and achieving your expectations.
Here are the possible risks you might get from the procedure:
- Fluid accumulation
- Persistent pain after surgery
- Allergic reaction to equipment used in the surgery
- Temporary or permanent damage to deeper structures
- Breast asymmetry
- Skin discolouration that might be temporary or permanent
- Inability to breastfeed
- Loss of skin or tissue where incisions are met
- Loss of nipple sensation, either temporary or permanent
- Fat necrosis
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Breast shape and contour irregularities
Who Are Eligible for a Breast Reduction Procedure?
Aside from having disproportionate breasts, there are a lot of requirements needed to be allowed to undergo the breast reduction procedure. Here are the requirements most doctors consider for a perfect candidate for this surgery:
- You’re a non-smoker
- You are physically healthy
- Your breasts limit the physical activities you can do
- There is a constant pain in your neck, back, and shoulder areas
- Visible and deep indentations of bra straps
- Skin irritation or a chronic rash under your breasts and breast crease
- You’re not happy with the size of your breasts
What to Expect After a Breast Reduction Surgery?
While you have your own expectations and goals after this surgery, it’s only proper to adjust to a realistic mindset and goals for this. It’s important to know what you need to expect after this surgery and what to do afterwards.
Here are things you need to expect after a breast reduction surgery:
- It might affect breastfeeding later on. It’s not impossible to breastfeed after this surgery, but it can be difficult. It’s usually hard to predict who is prone to this problem, however it doesn’t stop breastfeeding at all.
- It lifts your breasts too. This is probably one of the many benefits you can expect from getting a breast reduction surgery. Your plastic surgeon will reduce the fat and the tissue from your breasts and move your areolas up to look natural and lifted.
- It might scar. Expect to have a scar around your areolas and downwards to the bottom of your breast. It’s hidden when you wear a bra or a bikini as it’s placed under your boobs, but visible when you are naked. There are ways you can lighten up surgical scars in the long run, but it will still be there. You have to be committed to this scar as it will be permanently there.
- You might need some time to recover. Commonly, the surgery itself only lasts up to 3 hours or so, but the healing period usually takes longer. You might need to put off strenuous exercises for a month and consider light exercises in exchange. You might be convinced to take a week off from work and rest as much as possible. However, you will feel relatively better after a long healing period.
- You will feel more confident afterwards. A lot of women feel better about themselves after this life-changing surgery. This allows you to wear what you want and do what you want without being scared of the attention or the possible pain you’ll endure. This will give you the freedom to do whatever you want and be whoever you want.
- You might not get your ideal cup size. Usually, women who undergo this surgery ask for one or two cups smaller than their original cups. During the consultation, your plastic surgeon will discuss with you the ideal size according to your physique and will be able to proceed with a plan.
If you decided to get a breast reduction procedure, always make sure to research the best plastic surgeons in Toronto or the best breast reduction procedure in Toronto. It’s important to do your research first before deciding who will perform your surgery on you. Only trust professionals who are board-certified with a lot of experience and good feedback.
Leave A Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *